Foto : Alexandre Marchetti (Itaipu)
Hotel Information and transportation
We provide shuttle bus from the center of Foz d’Iguazu to the conference.
The bus will make stops at the 4 following hotels: Ibis, Rafain, Ibis Budget, JL Bourbon.
Here are the schedules:
A map can be found here.
For those who will go to Itaipu by taxi:
The address of the entrance of Itaipu for the public is :
Entrada VIP, Itaipu Hydropower Plant
Av. Tancredo Neves, 6.731
85856-970 Foz do Iguaçu, Paraná, Brasil
Phone: +55 45 3520-5252
On Monday, there will be a shuttle bus from the Itaipu entrance to the conference room
All personal Laptops/Computers/Tablets (not phones) that are brought into Itaipu premises must be tagged (a sticker will be place on the device). This will be done during registration on Monday.
We advice all participants to book hotel in the center city. The organization will provide a bus each day departing from the city center to the conference site (Itaipu dam) . Follow the list of recommended hotels:
Travel Information - Brazilians Airlines for Local Travels
For international travel, the best way is to fly to GRU Sao Paulo International and take a connection to Foz d'Iguacu. If possible, we strongly advise not to change airports in Sao Paulo and take the connection that leaves from GRU (not from Congonhas or Campinas).
- LATAM Airlines - https://www.latam.com
- GOL Airlines - https://www.voegol.com.br
- AZUL Airlines - https://www.voeazul.com.br
- Aeroporto Internacional Foz do Iguaçu - Website: https://www4.infraero.gov.br/aeroportos/aeroporto-internacional-de-foz-do-iguacu-cataratas
- Taxi Companies - https://www.taxi2airport.com
- Uber is also avaliable for transportation at Foz do Iguaçu